Bartley Marketing Ltd Lymington.com website and media channels
Summary of updated privacy notice to comply with GDPR from 25 May 2018
The purpose of the Bartley Marketing Ltd Lymington.com website and its channels is to keep locals and visitors informed about local news, events and businesses, including the ways in which Bartley Marketing Ltd with the Lymington.com website and channels can promote events and businesses on behalf of the businesses concerned.
Under GDPR there are six valid lawful bases for processing data, four of which would normally be relevant to business. In the case of Bartley Marketing with Lymington.com, we have deemed legitimate interests to be the main basis, as there is a common benefit in us being able to contact you, something which is an integral part of the Lymington.com communication channels.
We will also continue to send information about local news, events and businesses in the Lymington.com What’s On newsletter which has been sent weekly by email since May 2016 and from which it has always been and continues to be easy to opt out using the unsubscribe option included.
Principles of our policy
- Private: We will never sell, rent or trade personal data to other companies.
- Secure: In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data to prevent unauthorised access.
- Necessary: We won’t collect information unless it is used to deliver a better service or to give you useful, relevant information.
Data We Collect From You
We receive personal data as follows:
- Directly from you– This is usually the contact details you provide when you contact us directly or via a form on our websites
- Desk research – Sometimes we add publicly available contact details to the Lymington.com business directory
We provide services to businesses and consumers but we do not, and have no need to, collect any sensitive information about you. The information we collect is limited to what is required to serve you.
Securely Using Your Data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
- To provide you with information, products or services:
- that you request from us or
- which we feel may legitimately interest you
- where you have engaged with us to negotiate or contract services
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may compile and provide aggregate statistics about our site users, information requests, traffic patterns and any other related site information but will never identify you as an individual.
Information about you will be kept secure and it will not be supplied to anyone else, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it.
Bartley Marketing with Lymington.com does not sell, rent or trade any personal information supplied by you to any third party.
Information that we collect and process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. However, we will retain information:
- to enable us to conduct our business of keeping you informed about local news, events and businesses
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- if we believe that the information may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
When information is no longer required or if relevant when requested to do so we will securely delete or destroy such information.
The Bartley Marketing and Lymington.com websites are owned and operated by Bartley Marketing Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 04426668, VAT Number GB 806 9808 01.
Our registered office is:
Bartley House, East Boldre, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7WD
Data Subjects’ Rights
Please contact our Data Protection Officer to:
- Request access to information that Bartley Marketing has about you
- Correct any information that Bartley Marketing has about you
- Delete information that Bartley Marketing has about you, subject to legal requirements
- Ask any questions about Bartley Marketing’s collection, storage and processing of your data
Bartley Marketing Ltd Data Protection Officer:
Name: Jane Porter
Phone: +44 (0) 1590 612902
Address: Bartley Marketing Ltd, Bartley House, East Boldre, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7WD
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your Supervisory Authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the ICO, https://ico.org.uk.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- Understand browsing habits on our website
- Understand the number of visitors to our website and the pages visited
- Remember you when you return to our website so we can provide you with a more personalised experience.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings at any time.
Bartley Marketing with Lymington.com utilises the following third parties:
- WordPress Analytics
- Joomla Analytics
- Google Analytics
Accounts and CRM:
- Xero Accounting
- Capsule CRM
Marketing and Social Media:
- EmailerPro email (Campaign Monitor)
- Other CRM systems approved by and on behalf of our clients
- Sprout Social Analytics
Adverts and Sponsored Links
The Lymington.com website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, they may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and the owners encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default and/or by intention this may involve lengthy urls [web addresses] being shortened.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
24 May 2018 Bartley Marketing Ltd