The East Boldre Village Hall was built in 1918 as the Officers' Mess for the RAF airfield and flying school set up in East Boldre for WW1, known as RAF Beaulieu. Since it was on Forest land, all the buildings had to be removed at the end of the war but the Officers' Mess was allowed to remain as a Village Hall. The full history of the training station and the hall can be found in the book 'From Forest Field to Western Front' produced to raise funds for the hall, and also on the village website, www.eastboldre.org.
During the 60s and 80s, the hall was extended with adjoining red brick buildings and a project is currently underway to remove those extensions, restore the original building and provide a community hub. In the meantime, the hall is available for the hire, the old historical stage is fully functional for performances and the character of the hall has been enhanced with a historical photo gallery. Currently, one of the extensions (the old football changing rooms) is being refurbished as a meeting and exhibition room and can be used as changing rooms for stage performances.