Promote your business in the Lymington and New Forest area
Marketing your business locally
Getting your business noticed in your local market can be harder than you thought it would be. Businesses local to the New Forest, Lymington and surrounding areas can benefit enormously from Bartley Marketing’s unique online local media channel, Lymington.com.
Lymington.com is an online hub for both the local community and visitors to the area. It provides local news and information; what’s on and things to do; where to stay, eat and drink; jobs vacancies; business reviews and articles of local interest.
A powerful local directory with pulling power
The Lymington.com website incorporating its business directory was originally built 12 years ago. It has been redeveloped on an ongoing basis to keep up with advances in technology and design and to provide quality content and relevant, up to date information, all presented to the user in an attractive and user friendly way which encourages return visits and frequent reference.
The directory section showcases member businesses via individual business web pages which include key information, links and add valuable third party endorsement. Most importantly, from Google’s point of view Lymington.com is a long established, trusted site and the continuing month-on-month and year-on-year increase in site visits and time on site reflects this.
Website together with its media channels reach 15,000 weekly
Using a unique combination of advertising, PR and recommendation, Lymington.com also reaches out via its combined media channels to both the local community and visitors to the Lymington and New Forest area, to promote and champion businesses, events and causes.
Our weekly emailed newsletter and multiple social media platforms reach an average of 15,000 people weekly and actively drive website traffic.
A positive mouthpiece
Lymington.com prides itself on maintaining a positive environment, promoting the great things about Lymington and the New Forest rather than sensationalising the negatives. A benefit of this for businesses is that people tend to be in a positive frame of mind when they read our communications!
Lymington.com - complements your own advertising and social media
Even if you have your own local social media presence it can be difficult to expand your reach. Lymington.com provides a cost-effective way for local businesses to reach out into their local market and have their business, products and services endorsed by third party recommendation. Promoted by Lymington.com your business will stand out, ahead of your competitors – and it will not appear as you ‘blowing your own trumpet’ but as qualified endorsement. Lymington.com will complement and build upon your own advertising and social media.
We offer more than just promotion. The Bartley Marketing team has many years of marketing, copywriting, and PR experience across all sectors. With our complete range of integrated marketing and PR services we can save you valuable time and effort by writing content for you as well as promoting your business.
See more details below about additional Bartley Marketing services.
To receive promotion on the Lymington.com Channel, a business first needs to take up one of our monthly Promotion Membership plans. Please see below for more details. You can also download this information in our Media Pack.
“Lymington.com has provided huge support with the marketing of my new business. As well as providing expertise that has helped hone my social media and marketing generally, Lymington.com has boosted my online reach. Whenever they post one of my blogs there is a noticeable improvement in take-up of events and services. Locals read their newsletter and whenever we are included it boosts us, and our presence on the Lymington.com website is how many people have found us. The Natural Health Hub would not be where it is today without the help of Jane and Tanya, who are approachable and generous with their advice.” - Sue Leach, Natural Health Hub, August 2017
Advertising, promotion & sponsorship options
With the wide scope it offers, a Business Page in the Lymington.com directory provides a webpage for your business if you do not have a website*, or a stand-alone local presence if your business is part of a national chain which limits the amount of local information you can include and/or your control over it. And if you already have a website and/or your business is not based in Lymington itself, the pulling power of your Business Page from searches which include the word ‘Lymington’ will provide an additional source of enquiries for you.
Your Business Page will display in one business category and includes:
- A succinct encapsulation of your business, what it offers to whom and why it’s good! This is written in such a way as to appeal in user-friendly language to the visitor and also to attract the search engines
- Meta title and description also to help the search engines
- Your logo, images, contact details - and a Google map
- Monitored business review facility. Encourage your customers to leave local reviews on your page, it’s not the same as Trip Advisor - we can monitor reviews and ensure that unwarranted negative comments are not published
- All your social media links, plus as relevant it can include links within the description field to your Trip Advisor, Brand New Forest and New Forest Marque listings, as well as to any YouTube posts you wish to highlight
- Likewise if you have a Google SeeInside Virtual Tour for your business this link can be included as well (for more about this fantastic way to showcase your business AND improve your Google search ranking see “Additional Marketing Services” on page 9)
- If you already showcase your business in other online directories and membership groups your page can include links to these, and thus drive visitors to these other sites as well as to your website, which will add to your overall business proposition and its online pulling power
- The detailed description is your opportunity to really encapsulate the local benefits of what your business offers, to whom and why it’s good. This can be especially useful if your business is part of a national chain or larger enterprise which can mean the main local benefits are not easy to find on your website. According to your wishes, we will either copywrite or edit to ensure the detailed description really sings the benefits of your business
- Further relevant links can also be added (e.g. to other articles both on Lymington.com and on other sites)
- After initial set up, you have the ability and flexibility to login and edit your Business Page at any time
*Please note that Bartley Marketing also provides websites – see “Additional Marketing Services” below.
This level of membership is recommended for sole traders and smaller businesses that require some active promotion via our media channels. It includes your Business Page (as per Business Membership) which includes all the essential information about your business together with the compelling proposition to your target customers, plus active promotion as part of our regular promotion of each business category in turn.
Featured Membership includes:
- Your Business Page is ‘featured’ near the top of each of the category pages within the Lymington.com directory which are relevant to the business
- Your Business Page will be featured in our regular promotion of each business category via our weekly newsletter and all our social media
- We will feature your business in general articles on Lymington.com about subjects which are relevant to your business
- If you take the opportunity to add your events to the Lymington.com Events Calendar, we will promote them in our weekly newsletter in the upcoming events section and via social media in our regular events calendar reminders. You can add as much detail as you wish to events, including a recap of the main benefits and messages you wish to communicate about your business
- If you are recruiting staff we can include your recruitment advertisements in the Lymington.com Jobs Section, which is promoted weekly in our newsletter
- If you then wish to make an occasional advertising or promotional splash (e.g. reminder of location and offering, seasonal offers, new product ranges) you can take advantage of our special members ‘Promotional Boost” facility - focussed promotion across all channels, starting at £75 plus VAT
Regular Promotion Membership:
Promotion Membership includes all the benefits of Featured Membership plus a bespoke monthly combination of marketing consultancy, online PR and promotion, including a 12-month communications plan incorporating your key messages to your target market.
Promotion across the Lymington.com channels is included monthly, twice monthly or weekly depending on the level of frequency you choose.
Promotion Membership enables you to focus on your day-to-day business, knowing that planned, regular communications will be going out to your local market across multiple media.
We write the communications plan in consultation with you, detailing timing, messages, images to be used, links and other information. The communications plan is normally detailed on a rolling three months basis, with flexibility for changes should preferred promotions and offers become available closer to the time
If you have local job vacancies that you wish to advertise we will add them to our jobs page and promote them for you separately via our channel promotions – in addition to your regular promotions.
Promotion membership is particularly beneficial for businesses which require regular promotion, including:
- Restaurants and pubs with a stream of regular and ad hoc events which they wish to promote more widely than they are able to via their own channels
- Businesses which already produce regular articles, blogs etc – we can promote these to a wider audience with a link as most helpful either via content on the Lymington.com website or direct to the business’ own website
- All businesses that want to extend their reach a regular basis. You can reach even further with additional articles (reviews/third party champion style) which are priced separately.
- Twice Monthly and Weekly Promotion Membership plans are ideal for businesses with multiple products and/or services who would like multiple messages championed more frequently. for example hotels with a number of target markets (e.g. local and visitor) and a range of offerings such as restaurants, wedding packages, corporate facilities, spa and so on
Our bespoke ‘one off’ or ‘short term’ promotion plan option is suitable for intensive campaigns leading up to a specific event or launch, such as a new shop or restaurant opening or a weekend event.
- Includes detailed Event Listing, Featured Business Page or News Bulletin - as best fits the purpose
- Includes channel promotion across our media channels: newsletter and social media pages
- Includes promotion of job vacancies if relevant
- Minimum price includes set up, job advertising and promotion across all channels during one week: £125
- For longer periods of promotion, price to be agreed: in principle each additional promotion across channels is priced at £50
A short term ‘Bespoke Burst’ of promotion is also better for some businesses which prefer to take Business or Featured Membership and then ‘top up’ with intensive promotion, ideal for a seasonal business which doesn’t require all year round promotion.
Our Jobs page is promoted every week in the newsletter and also across our social media channels. We are often asked by businesses if we will advertise their job vacancies and we are now offering this as a separate stand alone service for those who wish to take advantage of it, whether or not you are a member. We do however ask that you register your business with a free listing on Lymington.com.
This is the opportunity to have your business promoted as a ‘sponsor’ of a specific article on Lymington.com. The reference to your business will include your logo and name together with a short paragraph about your business and a link to your website.
It is not necessary to have a paid Membership in order to take advantage of this opportunity to have your business promoted multiple times thanks to repeat promotion of the article itself. We do however ask that you register your business with a free listing on Lymington.com.
Additional marketing and PR services
(All prices quoted below are subject to VAT)
A range of further opportunities exists to promote your business with Lymington.com and Bartley Marketing, depending on your marketing objectives and your budget.
Communications - Content / Copywriting and Image Sourcing
Our monthly promotion plans assume that you will supply the ‘content’ to promote, but we can include the additional service of creating fresh content on your behalf.
In fact with many years experience of writing for businesses across a wide spectrum of sectors we are brilliant at writing great content! Based on your core messages to your target markets, we’ll bring your products, services and business to life with relevant, consistent and compelling communications.
We would discuss your exact requirements based on your business, target market and messages but as an indication of pricing:
The team is also highly experienced in managing website CMS on behalf of clients and ‘ghost-writing’ blogs and articles for business websites.
Articles on Lymington.com and website blogs written by the Bartley Marketing team can be fully integrated into your Lymington.com Membership promotion and, for Monthly, Twice a Month and Weekly Members, can form part of your Communications Plan.
Detailed measurement, reporting and analysis can be provided at extra charge depending on complexity required.
Promotional Facebook Boosts
Lymington.com Members have the opportunity to benefit from Promotional Boosts on Facebook, a highly effective way of 'switching on' a quick, tactical communication and promotion, ideal when needing immediate marketing action.
Bartley Marketing Targeted Direct Communications
It can make sense to integrate your ghost-written blogs and articles on Lymington.com into direct communications campaigns targeting your own customers and prospects.
Bartley Marketing can help you build long-term relationships, increase customer loyalty and attract new clients. We can manage your targeted direct communications campaigns on your behalf and will design a bespoke campaign to meet your exact requirements. Indicative prices include:
Bartley Marketing can design and distribute a range of attractive, content-driven brochures, postcards, newsletters, leaflets, magazines, banners, posters and flyers to support your marketing activities, combining the best printing techniques, professional photography and excellent design to ensure a professional looking product at affordable costs. We also design advertisements and can manage media relations on your behalf.
Bartley Marketing offers more than a traditional graphic design agency. Because we take the time to get to know your business and market, we not only produce professional, compelling and attractive designs to meet your marketing needs but, by combining our market research, planning and content marketing skills with our passion for creative design, we ensure the marketing material we deliver to our clients is targeted, well written, ‘fit for purpose’ and consistent with your brand, services, products and values.
Bartley Marketing Websites
Bartley Marketing plan, design and launch websites that not only look fantastic, but meet the very specific needs of the target audience and keep within budget. We can provide great imagery and write clear, SEO-friendly, engaging content to attract and enthuse your prospects. Whether you need a new responsive website or need to get your existing website working more effectively in search engines, we can help. We also offer friendly, reliable, UK-based website hosting.
Bartley Marketing PR
The team at Bartley Marketing can help you define and manage your overall PR strategy and plan, both online and offline. We can advise which social media platforms are most relevant for your business, can set up social media for you, then plan and manage it on your behalf – saving you valuable time.
Bartley Marketing Photography
Bartley Marketing can help you source and brief the right photographer for your specific requirements, organise photoshoots on your behalf and select the right photographs for your website, marketing communications, social media and PR.
See-Inside Virtual Tour Photography
We can also carry provide 360° degree ‘virtual tour’ imagery: for restaurants, accommodation and shops this “virtual showroom” has a multitude of benefits including for example: explaining the layout of a self catering property, showing the table layout in a restaurant, indicating the range of products available in a shop and encouraging prospects to then visit in person. Where this imagery is linked to your Google business page it can also significantly improve your Google search position.
Contact the Bartley Marketing team
Lymington.com is owned and managed by Bartley Marketing Ltd. Contact us on 01590 612902 or email/mobiles as below.
Bartley Marketing Ltd, Bartley House, East Boldre, Brockenhurst. SO42 7WD