Celebrate National Burger Day with this great Beaulieu Burger!
Montagu Arms head chef shares recipe of the famous Monty's Burger
Thursday 23 August is National Burger Day!
Matthew Tomkinson, head chef at the Montagu Arms Hotel in the heart of the New Forest, has shared with us the recipe of the famous Monty's Burger so that you can recreate it at home! Perfect for a Bank Holiday Weekend barbecue!
Of course you could save yourself the trouble and visit Monty's Inn to sample their fabulous burgers (and other food) for yourself! Find details of Monty's Inn here. And if fish and chips are more your thing, remember that Monty's has a fish and chip takeaway every Friday night from now until 7th September. The perfect accompaniment to the last of the summer evenings by the Beaulieu River.
- 900g Minced Dry Aged Chuck Steak
- 20ml Anchovy Essence
- 3 Splashes Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ Bunch Curly Parsley picked and finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- Pinch Ground black pepper
- ½ Small Onion finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic crushed
- Sweat onion and garlic in olive oil until soft, season and then allow to cool
- Place the meat in a cold bowl and add all of the seasonings
- Mix well and shape into four large patties.
- Chill until required.
- Cook on a hot grill until well coloured and finish in the oven for approx. 10 minutes
- Remove and rest in a warn place for three minutes.
- Serve with your choice of garnishes and bun.
Monty’s Inn is part of The Montagu Arms hotel in the charming forest village of Beaulieu. The English country pub is known for its heritage cooking and classic British favourites.
Photo credit: www.davidgriffen.co.uk for Great British Chefs