Montagu Arms introduces spectacular new Gourmet Wedding for foodies.
Wedding package with bespoke seven-course banquet at award-winning New Forest Hotel.
Couples who love fine dining can indulge in a fabulously foodie wedding at The Montagu Arms in the New Forest.
The romantic 17th century country manor house in the picturesque village of Beaulieu has introduced a Gourmet Wedding package that features a bespoke seven-course banquet.
Head chef Matthew Whitfield, who has previously worked at the three Michelin-star Eleven Madison Park in New York – a former No1 on the World’s Best Restaurant List – will create a signature tasting menu using the freshest local ingredients from across the New Forest and his own kitchen garden.
Beautiful starters include smoked mackerel with pickled cucumber and caviar or cucumber and lettuce gazpacho with smoked salmon and crème fraiche; and there are delicious main courses of pan-fried chicken breast with potato terrine, smoked bacon and onion, or fillet of cod with braised lentils, curry and yogurt.
Puddings include caramelised lemon tartlet with blackcurrant sorbet or dark chocolate crémeux with malt ice cream and a cocoa tuile.
Wines will be expertly chosen to complement the dishes by head sommelier Sergio dos Santos.
This romantic country house with gleaming parquet floors and oak-panelled walls is the perfect setting for a sumptuous wedding with gorgeous flowers, rich colours, tall candles and elegant table settings. The hotel’s charming English country garden is the picture-perfect backdrop for luxury canapes and a signature cocktail created especially for your wedding day.
When the day is done, the bride and groom can retire to one of two elegant Hayloft Suites, offering luxurious modern comforts in a converted 1820s barn in the hotel grounds. Guests can relax in comfort and privacy in the main house, which has a choice of luxurious bedrooms and suites.
The Gourmet Wedding Package includes:
- A Hayloft Garden Suite for the night of your wedding
- A signature cocktail designed specifically for your wedding day and four luxury canapés per person for your drinks reception
- A seven-course signature tasting menu designed for you by head chef Matthew Whitfield for your wedding breakfast
- Wine pairing to accompany your wedding breakfast expertly selected by Head Sommelier Sergio dos Santos
- A Glass of Taittinger Champagne for the toast
- Still and sparkling water for the tables
- Personalised floral designs for the room and the table
- Personalised table plan and table menus
- Your own dedicated wedding coordinator
- Master of Ceremonies to guide you through the day
- Private use of the Oakwood Room for your civil ceremony and wedding breakfast
- Use of the quintessential English gardens
This package for 24 people costs £6,200 for Monday to Thursday and £6,500 for Saturday. Additional guests can be catered for at £200 a head for up to 32 in total.
A Petite Gourmet Wedding Package for four includes private use of the Paris Room for a civil ceremony and wedding breakfast, and costs £1,700 for Friday and Sunday, and £1,900 for Saturday. Additional guests can be catered for at £200 a head for up to 10 in total.