Recycling in Lymington
Where to recycle - and what can be recycled - in the Lymington and New Forest area
A to Z of recycling in Lymington
The Oxfam shop in the High Street specialises in second-hand books (also CDs and stamps). There are also book drop offs in Barfields car park, Waitrose car park, St Thomas car park and Bath Road car park (see map opposite).
Milk bottle tops are collected by 9th Lymington Sea Scout Group, Lymington Junior School and Mencap New Milton.
There are paper and cardboard recycling points around town, plus Lymington Recycling Centre has a cardboard recycling bin - fold flat before depositing.
Christmas tree drop offs for tree recycling: sites will be open 2-13 January 2019:
Brockenhurst - Brookley Road car park
Fordingbridge - A338 slip road car park
Hythe - New Road car park
Lymington - St Thomas Street car park
Lyndhurst - Village centre car park
New Milton - Crossmead Avenue car park
Ringwood - The Furlong car park
Totton - Westfield car park
REAL trees only. Please remove all decorations from the tree before taking it to a collection point.
PCs, laptops, printers, games machines, mice, leads etc. can be taken to Jamie’s Computers, Mount Pleasant Road, Southampton. See www.Jamies.org.uk for more information.
Cycle inner tubes and tyres
Irreparable bike inner tubes and tyres can be taken to Figgures Cycles, Henderson Court, Lymington SO41 9FQ. (they are repurposed on the IOW into gifts)
Foreign coins and notes - and old coins - are being collected by Lymington Junior School and Barclays Bank in Lymington.
Lymington Recycling Centre has a garden waste recycling bin. Alternatively, sign up to the fortnightly garden waste service. More details here.
Glass bottles and jars are collected once every four weeks from households in your black box - or communal green bin if you live in flats. Find out more about your glass collection here.
In addition there are a glass recycling 'bring' bins in various locations around Lymington and other New Forest towns and villages:
- Ashurst car park, Lyndhurst Road - Glass, Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles
- Blackfield Sainsbury's Local, Hampton Lane - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles
- Bransgore car park, Betsy Lane - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles, Shoes, Books & CDs
- Burley car park, Chapel Lane - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling,
- Calshot car park - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling,
- Dibden Tesco Superstore, Sizer Way - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles, Shoes
- Fordingbridge town centre car park Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles , Shoes
- Hythe New Road car park - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles, Shoes
- Lymington Cannon Street car park - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles
- Lymington Waitrose supermarket, Stanford Road - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles
- Lyndhurst Village car park - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles
- Milford-on-Sea Sea Road car park - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles, Shoes
- Minstead Village Hall - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles
- New Milton Elm Avenue car park - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles, Shoes
- New Milton Tesco superstore, Caird Avenue - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles, Shoes, Books & CDs
- Ringwood The Furlong car park - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles, Shoes
- Totton Asda Superstore, Maynard Road - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles
- Totton Morrison's Superstore, Spruce Drive - Glass,Dry Mixed Recycling, Textiles, Shoes
Oral care products (plastic)
Any brand toothpaste tube, brushes or other plastic oral care products and be taken for recyling to the Naked Pantry New Forest, New Milton High Street, BH25 6JG or Oak Lodge Dentral Practice, Rhinefield Rd, Brock, SO42 7SR
Recycling points at the Town Hall car park, Waitrose car park, St Thomas car park, Lymington Yacht Haven, Bath Road car park, The Ferryman, Cannon Street car park.
Small printer cartridges (not toner) are collected at The Lymington Centre and by 9th Lymington Sea Scout Group.
The European Recycling Company have a shoe recycling bank in around 3000 sites and are the only specialist shoe recyclers in the UK, they take all footwear, in any condition. Find shoe recycling points in Barfields car park, Waitrose car park and Bath Road car park (see map opposite).
Vision Aid Overseas is a charity dedicated to helping people in the developing world whose lives are blighted by poor eyesight. Unwanted spectacles are collected by Specsavers in Lymington and Kellys Eye Care in Brockenhurst.
Used stamps are collected by 9th Lymington Sea Scout Group and Lyndhurst Community Centre for the RSPB.
Collection points at Barfields car park, Waitrose car park, St Thomas car park, Cannon Street car park, Lymington Junior School and Lymington Recycling Centre.
Mobile phones & printer cartridges
As the industry’s largest UK recycling company, The Recycling Factory collect over 8 million inkjet & toner cartridges and mobile phones each year whilst upholding our commitment to zero landfill, which ensures that products are disposed of in an ethical & environmentally friendly way.
Recycling is collected from all households in the New Forest every week in clear sacks. Find your collection day here. Fill your clear sack with household recycling, tie it and place it at the edge of your property for collection each week. Sacks should be put out for collection no earlier than 6pm on the evening before collection and no later than 6am on the day of collection. Recycling should be placed loose in the sack; any items contained in carrier bags within the sack cannot be taken.
For the most up to date information about what CAN and cannot be recycled, click here: https://www.hants.gov.uk/wasteandrecycling/recyclingcentres, below we have included guidance...
What CAN be recycled in the clear sacks:
- Paper, including Newspapers - Magazines - Junk Mail - Catalogues - Directories - Leaflets - Brochures - Note paper - Office paper - Scrap Paper - Envelopes - Cardboard - Cereal boxes - Yellow Pages - Christmas cards - Cardboard packaging
NB: you should NOT recycle anything which includes anybody's personal information. Businesses must pay particular care, especially with the new regulations relating to GDPR and data protection.
- Plastic bottles, including Squash - Cleaner - Shampoo - Conditioner - Milk - Drink
NB: do NOT put the lids in the clear sacks (see above for milk bottle tops)
- Cans, including Food Tins - Drinks Cans - Empty Aerosols (hairspray, deodorant and polish)
What CANNOT be recycled in the clear sacks:
- Glass (use glass box collection or recycling banks - see above)
- Textiles (use recycling banks - see above)
- Shredded paper (use recycling banks - see above)
- Gift wrap
- Drink cartons
- Tetra paks
- Food scraps
- Plastic tubs
- Plastic bags
- Plastic food trays
- Yoghurt pots
Household Waste Recycling Centre
Lymington's recycling centre is at Efford: Milford Road, Pennington, Lymington. SO41 8EZ. It is open 7 days a week, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when this site is closed
9am to 4pm 1 October to 28 February
9am to 5pm 1 March to 31 March
9am to 6pm 1 April to 30 September
For more information about recycling in the local area, please contact New Forest District Council as detailed below, or visit: http://www.newforest.gov.uk/recyclingandrubbish
New Forest District Council
Tel: 02380 285959