New Forest online local advertising with Lymington.com
Reach 60,000+ weekly with Bartley Marketing's Lymington.com online media channels
Updated: Spring 2019
Reach 60,000 New Forest locals and visitors
Bartley Marketing’s Lymington.com media channels are unique in their targeted local reach online, combining a trusted, well established and regularly updated website with social media and direct marketing.
Our action packed Events Calendar reaches out far and wide, with many media and organisations now linking to it as the most comprehensive guide to What’s On in the New Forest.
The Lymington.com website together with its social media and direct email communications will promote your business locally via multi channel online and direct marketing to 60,000+ people weekly, always reinforcing the key message: to buy and do business locally.
Active promotion and endorsement
With coordinated, regular, powerful online communications the combined Lymington.com media channels reach out via the website news, events, information and business pages together with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels and the popular 'Weekly What’s On' email newsletter to promote, champion and endorse your business.
It’s like a glorious combination of the best of local advertising, PR and promotion, crafted to promote both your special offers and your core business messages with the added stamp of third party endorsement.
With 20,000 to 30,000+ monthly visits to the Lymington.com website itself, plus 4,000 subscribers who look forward to receiving our weekly newsletter by email, plus over 233,500 impressions on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram every month, Lymington.com's online tentacles reach into every nook and cranny to influence the majority of people who nowadays find it convenient and quick to look online for local events, news and information generally. Our online following comprises mainly locals but with a significant number of visitors too.
And with the New Forest containing a disproportionately large number of sole traders and small businesses many of these as well as well as employees of larger companies will see your messages wearing both their 'home and family' hat and their 'business' hat, which means that both consumer (B2C) and business (B2B) messages will be well received.
Stats and demographics
Updated stats incorporating 2018 click here.
- Overall average weekly reach across all media channels 60,000
- New website visitors up 60% and returning visitors up 54% in 2018 vs 2017, continuing strong growth trends in 2017 and 2016
- Number of people clicking to the website from social media grew by 53.4% and from our direct marketing Weekly What’s On weekly e-newsletter grew by 52.5% in 2018 despite challenging changes to social media algorithms and regulations. This reflects the popularity of both Weekly What’s On and our social media posts.
Promoting and championing YOUR business: Membership
Active promotion of your business, events, job vacancies and other news is available via one of our Membership options, which include the flexibility to tailor a bespoke membership package to meet your exact business requirements.
We are marketers first and foremost, and amazingly good at our promoting and championing our members including the compelling captions which summarise your key messages.
Membership benefits include
Your bespoke, editable business web page in our Directory
Membership includes your own editable bespoke page to promote your business on the Lymington.com website.
Google likes our Directory (web traffic has risen by over 850% since 2014), and simply having a business page on Lymington.com has value in itself. Google also regularly features our Directory pages, news items and events in Google Alerts and Google Search.
If your business doesn't have a website, has an outdated or non-responsive website, or is part of a chain which limits local information on the main website, your business web page on Lymington.com is all the more useful. Also if your business has various different elements, we can tailor your web page to showcase the exact elements that you would like to promote to the local market. In other words, we can help 'tell your story' and explain exactly why people should come to you!
Your Business Web Page can display across as many business categories in the Lymington.com Directory as are relevant to your business.
The Web Page includes a big header image, detailed description with links to relevant pages on your own website, gallery of images, social media links, google map. A video can be embedded into the description field.
You can log in and update your Business Web Page at any time whilst you are a Member.
Launch article on our home page for Google
We write and publish a powerful news article for the website home page, which will quickly boost your Google presence
Inclusion of your business in promoted Feature Articles
Your business will be included as relevant in our hugely popular feature articles which we write and publish on the Lymington.com home page throughout the year and promote across all the Lymington.com channels. We also regularly boost our own Facebook posts promoting these articles, which extends the reach of one post to an even wider audience.
Promotion of your events
The events which you add to the events calendar will be promoted too, in the Diary section of our Weekly What’s On e-newsletter. Members quickly get into the habit of adding their events for this additional benefit!
Promotion of your job vacancies
Once you’re a member we’ll also promote your job vacancies for you – just send us the details.
Tag and retweet
If you use social media for your business we will tag and retweet when relevant – reaching out to our large social media followings and helping to build your own too.
Enhanced user access
Members can have a higher level of user access when editing their page and adding events, than those who simply add their events and business listings for free. This opens up a toolbar enabling you to add images and links, vary the font type and size and generally make more of your event.
Images not included
Please note that we rely on you to supply good quality hi res images which we will then resize and crop as necessary to
“Launch” article for Google
When you become a Member the first stage is for us to set up your business web page as above.
Once this is complete we then create a news article which we publish on the Lymington.com home page; this will normally be picked up and promoted immediately via Google Alerts.
Annual Business Membership
Best for: many small businesses
On an annual basis Lymington.com Business Membership includes:
- All benefits listed above plus
- One bespoke promotion across our online media channels (Facebook, Twitterand Instagram, plus our 'Weekly What’s On newsletter)
Annual Business Members may also take advantage of additional 'Ad-Hoc Promotion' when they have something special to shout about.
Monthly (or more frequent) Promotion Membership
Best for: businesses that have a lot to say and advertise, on a regular basis
This will include for example:
- New and existing businesses wishing to reach out further with their messages and to spread word of their offering
- Local places to stay and places to eat, for example advertising and promoting different aspects of the business either monthly or more frequently
- Local places to visit and seasonal events to promote their events and offers.
- Larger businesses which have several different areas of their business, which can use our channels to deliver specific, targeted, local messages to the local marketplace
“Promotion” Membership includes promotion across all our online media channels, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, plus our 'Weekly What’s On newsletter, frequency either monthly, twice monthly or weekly as relevant.
Promotion is based on content and images supplied by you and can include links to your website or to your Lymington.com Business Web Page or to a particular event in our Events Calendar.
We will write a compelling message for each medium and work with the images you provide to us (hi resolution), sizing for media requirements.
If content needs to be originated or copywritten from other sources, it can be created and published on Lymington.com at an extra charge – see below.
For new Promotion Members there is a set up charge for a Communications Plan. This contributes to the time spent meeting either in person or on the phone to define and document the plan - which details the planned messages, content, images and other elements as relevant. Your Communications Plan provides the initial framework and can of course be subsequently varied and/or updated.
Monthly Promotion “Plus Content” Membership
Best for: businesses which would also like us to provide regular new “content” as below
These will include for example:
- Businesses which want to grow awareness of their products and services and to build their Google presence – all new content on Lymington.com is picked up very quickly by Google
- Businesses which would like to take advantage of our copywriting skills to craft articles combining fact with recommendation and endorsement of their product and services
- Professional services and similar, possibly not themselves using social media, which can take advantage of our communications channels to reach out with “soft PR” style communication
“Content” which we publish on Lymington.com on behalf of your business can be anything from a short announcement or news item based on content you supply to a full length feature article which we will originate and copywrite for you from scratch.
Full length review or feature article
A full length review or feature article on Lymington.com provides additional detail and publicity, and can be promoted by members via their own websites and social media as third party endorsement. We take considerable time to research the article usually via a visit/meeting and discussion which if required can include on the spot photography, then to copywrite 800-1,000 words and publish with 3-4 images included in the text.
The article will be published in the relevant category of the Lymington Life magazine section, plus also on the News page and for a period of time will also feature as one of the news article links on our Home page. We use our expertise and trustworthy website to ensure our feature articles and promotional reviews perform well on search engines and are picked up by Google Alerts.
This kind of article can be combined with an Advertorial or Press Release, professionally designed and copywritten by Bartley Marketing, in one or more local offline media. For more detail please enquire.
Ad Hoc Member Promotion
Best for: small businesses which don’t need the frequency of monthly promotion
Ad Hoc Promotion is particularly useful for Business Members who do not want the regular commitment of Promotion Membership but occasionally have something special to announce and promote.
The promotion can be based on content supplied by the Member or on a full length article as outlined above.
A paid “boost” on Facebook is an optional extra, this is charged at cost.
Membership Rates – current at March 2019
- Membership set up £150 plus VAT
- Annual Business Membership annual subscription £150 plus VAT
- Promotion Membership (includes web page subscription):
- Set up communications plan £150 plus VAT then
- Monthly £100 plus VAT
- Twice monthly £150 plus VAT
- Weekly £250 plus VAT
- Promotion plus Content Membership (includes web page subscription):
- Monthly, from £225 depending on nature of content - to discuss
- Article Publication:
- Short “announcement” type article from outline content and image supplied from £50 plus VAT
- Short news article from outline content and image supplied from £125
- Full length promotional review or feature article from £250
- Ad Hoc Promotion:
- Ad hoc promotion across all media channels £100 plus VAT
All above are for Members only
Advertising and promotion for non members
We can offer a limited amount of promotion for non members whether local businesses or individual event organisers, as below.
- Ad Hoc Event Promotion – from £150 plus VAT for one promotion across all media channels
- Job Vacancy Advertising – all content to be supplied as text for us to add to “Jobs” page – £25 plus VAT, payable in advance
- Job Vacancy Promotion – from £100 plus VAT for bespoke promotion across all media channels
Contact us now to get started
Bartley Marketing Additional Services
New Forest based Bartley Marketing is a marketing consultancy and agency which also provides the full range of marketing services to local business, from consultancy and planning to branding, advertising and PR, websites, online advertising and SEO to direct communications and social media management.
According to your needs Bartley Marketing can:
- Clarify and define your marketing objectives, strategies, messages and branding
- Plan your marketing and communications
- Check your website and social media are working for you - and help put them right
- Design and build your new or replacement website
- Train you to make the most out of social media - or manage it on your behalf
- 'Ghostwrite' your blogs, as well as write copy for editorials, advertorials and articles
- Implement your direct email communications with clients and prospects
- Provide graphic design and photography, including 360 degree Google 'See Inside'
- Produce online and offline advertising and manage your printed promotional and point of sale materials