One Day 4 One Centre - planning meeting
Wednesday 22 May at 1.30pm - in the cafe at The Lymington Community Centre.
The Lymington Centre is at an exciting stage. We are in the process of a huge fundraising drive to raise money for structural improvements, as well as to rebuild and update various areas. ‘A New Improved Centre for future generations to enjoy.’
Since the centre is for the community we think it’s important that we get local people involved in our fundraising initiative. The centre is used by so many people of various ages in Lymington and beyond and we should encourage everyone to get involved.
Get involved with planning an event to showcase and raise funds for the Lymington Community Centre
You may want to take responsibility for one of these areas or you may be able to come up with more ideas. Even if you can only spare a few hours please get in touch. Please let her know if you’re able to join us on the 22 May or if you can’t whether you’re interested in helping. It will be fun and satisfying to contribute to improving a centre which provides such a focus to the community.
As an event, it has been suggested we organise one specific day to fundraise for the centre (date to be decided), involving local people, businesses and schools in the community. Examples of events we will support and suggest are as follows:
- In Town - pubs, restaurants and shops will be asked to get involved:
- Pubs will be ask to host quizzes on Lymington history - we can ask for the quiz fee to be donated to the centre.
- Restaurants - a voluntary donation can be added to bills on the specific day.
- Schools - Encourage schools to organise fundraising events the week before. On the Saturday a prize will be awarded to the school that raises the most money.
- Business donations
- A membership drive throughout the whole town. Membership leaflets in all shops, restaurants and pubs.
- One particular dress shop on the High Street would like to organise a fashion show to raise funds.
Event at the Centre:
- The Centre will be open throughout the day, showcasing everything currently available. Taster sessions of all events - yoga/dance/art/pottery - with donations.
- The cinema will be open all day showing a variety of films. Children’s films during the day with films for adults running late into the evening.
- The cafe will serve a bespoke lunch.
- In the afternoon a special cream tea will be served. (Someone has expressed interest in organising this).
- These are an example of events. However, some people may want to to run their own fundraisers which we will support and publicise.
- The day will be advertised with a striking poster and advertisements in the local paper and online. A few weeks in advance people will be able to pick up a timetable of what's going on where and when.
- We would be greatful for any support. If you are able to help in any way please get in contact!