You will learn different breathing techniques to give benefits such as muscular relaxation, mental tranquility, balancing the brain hemispheres and slowing down your heart rate.
Yoga nidra is a special relaxation technique that has a deep effect on the body, the energies and the mind. Nidra, meaning sleep, is a deep relaxation form of yoga, and a technique to awaken the connection between body, mind and soul. The practice is like a deep sleep while you are still awake. This ancient practice is becoming more popular as a form of meditation and mind-body therapy, and has multiple physical benefits.
Chanting simply means singing (rhythmic speaking) certain sounds or words. It calms our emotions, helps you to meditate better, produces positive energy and aids in enhancing our overall health. Here are some of the benefits chanting has on our body, mind and soul.
A calm mind begets a healthy and vibrant you.
- Dr Alan Watkins says when we chant the vibration of the sound calms the nervous system and a profound sense of peace is obtained. It also de-stresses and facilitates better concentration and memory power.
- According to Dr Watkins, chanting promotes a sense of well-being and helps us bond better with people around us, especially when practised in a group.
- Chanting eliminates negative thoughts so we can enjoy whatever we do and achieve success easily.
- It helps control our mind and emotions.
- Alfred Tomatis highlights that chanting aids in getting over addictions like smoking, alcohol and drugs.
- Chanting is said to bring about a transformation that leads us closer to the Divine. Psychologists believe that chanting mantras (especially the name of God) helps us become aware of the Supreme Being and unite with him. Thus chanting aids in connecting with the Divine.
- Chanting alters our consciousness and is believed to raise people’s psychic power.
- Spiritual gurus claim that when we chant sacred words it provides us with the power to attain our goals and lift ourselves above mere earthly pleasures.
- Religious authorities believe that chanting harmonises the physical, emotional and intellectual forces. This harmony makes us a complete being.
- Chanting enhances our spirituality by letting us transcend to higher spiritual thoughts.
(Benefits adapted from completewellbeing.com)
Date: Thursday 6 June, 7.15-8.30pm
To book your place, please call us on 01590 670955 or visit https://www.thenaturalhealthhub.co.uk/yogic-relaxation-6-june/
The Natural Health Hub is Lymington’s health and well-being centre offering an extensive selection of complementary therapies. Services include acupuncture, homeopathy, mindfulness, empowerment coaching, reflexology, polarity therapy and reiki, as well as NIS (neurological integration system). Our massages are like no other! Choose between energy-balancing polarity massage, lomi lomi massage which comes from Polynesia and Thai yoga massage. We specialise in nutritional advice, including food intolerance testing and hair analysis testing. Classes on offer are yoga, meditation, pilates, yogic relaxation and movement, meditation and relaxation. We stock an extensive selection of supplements, probiotics and all-natural non-toxic products. The Hub runs a full calendar of talks/workshops on natural health and empowerment issues, not least ever-popular monthly sound baths. Book right away to avoid disappointment! Book online at www.TheNaturalHealthHub.co.ukor give us a call on 01590 670955.
We are tucked behind the high street in Lymington, down the passageway between Halifax and Dogs Trust