In the heart of the New Forest, Woodpeckers is built around a fine Arts and Crafts home, offering residential and nursing care in a secluded yet vibrant environment. Woodpeckers lies on the edge of Brockenhurst, with the enchanting New Forest in view and the ample facilities and life of this popular village in easy reach. Ponies, donkeys and even deer graze peacefully at the roadside, while the traditional interiors of the home draw you in to its warmth and sociable ambiance. A charming family home in a true rural location.
Originally a private family home, the Arts and Crafts building has been sensitively extended, preserving much original fine detailing, while opening out the lounge and dining areas to create a light and convivial community space with modern comfort. Most of the 37 bedrooms have ensuite facilities and 5 of the rooms offer en-suite shower rooms. Each room looks out either over open country or the landscaped garden with its large terraced area and ample seating. Woodpeckers has an intimate, harmonious and familiar feel.
- Elegant interiors, with spacious ground floor reception areas
- Bright and airy dining room with views onto the gardens
- Garden room opening directly onto outside terrace
- Spacious, dual-aspect double room available
- Secluded and peaceful garden with tranquil patio, water feature and oak-framed gazebo suitable for all weathers
- Specialised bathroom facilities including hydrotherapy room
- In-house hair salon
- Full programme of daily activities, 7 days a week, including regular mini-bus trips
- Home cooked food prepared daily by professional chefs using locally-sourced ingredients
Colten Care employ many more staff than they have residents; staffing levels are acknowledged as being among the best in the care sector. All staff working at Woodpeckers, whether in nursing, activities, cleaning, catering or gardening, are encouraged to think of themselves as part of a single team, with care and respect for the individuality of every resident as a fundamental part of their responsibilities. The team strives to create a warm and harmonious environment where residents can feel fulfilled and content, and where their families feel welcome as a continuing part of their loved ones’ lives.
Woodpeckers is in the delightful New Forest village of Brockenhurst, with its mainline train station and easy access by car and bus.