Balmer Lawn: Mother's Day vouchers, work rooms and takeaways
Historic New Forest hotel pledges support for local community amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
We are so impressed as local businesses quickly adapt to our strange new world living with the threat and the reality of the coronavirus.
Favourite hotel from our childhoods the iconic Balmer Lawn in Brockenhurst has pledged to help the local community during the coronavirus crisis with a number of initiatives.
The hotel has witnessed a number of testing times over the years, adapting to help wherever possible. During the First World War the hotel was used as an Army Hospital and during the Second World War it became the headquarters of the Canadian 3rd Infantry Division as they prepared for the Allied Landings in Normandy.
"During these uncertain times we are determined to stay positive and look forward to better times ahead", said hotel owners of 23 years, Chris and Alison Wilson.
In relation to the coronavirus pandemic, "We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our staff and guests safe." (find details here)
"We are also aware of the advice to avoid businesses like ours and whilst this is a shame, it is sensible, and like you, we can't wait until this to is over."
Self-isolating rooms for 'home' working
The Balmer Lawn is providing self-isolating rooms for those who have to work from home and realise that their internet might not be as fast as required - or for those struggling to work from home with the kids around.
Book a meeting room or function room for your unique use with complimentary fast WiFi, conference call facilities, full isolation food and drinks from the Balmer Lawn, free complimentary car parking.
To book a room, contact the Reception team on 01590 623116. Room hire for the day is from £50 per person.
Self-isolation can also extend to bedrooms at the Balmer Lawn. For guests who have travelled home and wish to isolate for 14 days, the Balmer Lawn can provide meeting room and bedrooms, as couple or single occupancy. All food can be delivered to your room.
Full board bedroom: £75 per room (single occupancy), full board bedroom double occupancy @ £100 (double occupancy). Full board includes breakfast, sandwich lunch, dinner from al-carte menu (all can be sent to room).
Takeaway Meals from the Balmer Lawn
Beresfords 2AA rosette restaurant at the Balmer Lawn are now offering a takeaway menu. Find the menu here, available between 12 and 8pm daily (although you can order during the morning - see below)
- Call 01590 623116 to place your order, this can be in the morning ready for lunch or dinner
- Give your Name & Telephone number, pay by card over the phone or cash on arrival
- Let the team know if you wish to collect or deliver
- If you rather not come into the hotel the team will bring your food to you, Collection drive-by; give the last 3 digit of your number plate, park up and they will bring your food to you
Balmer Lawn Gift Vouchers - perfect for Mother's Day, birthdays and anniversaries!
The Balmer Lawn has a number of incredible offers to purchase now as gift vouchers for friends or loved ones to enjoy later in the year. All vouchers are available until 30 April 2020, are redeemable until the end of December 2020 and can be purchased by calling the Reception team on 01590 623116.
Perfect for Mother's Day, the vouchers also make excellent birthday and anniversary gifts.
- Monetary Voucher: purchase a £100 monetary voucher and receive £25 free from the Balmer Lawn (giving you a total of £125 credit) The vouchers are redeemable throughout the hotel. Contact the reception team on 01590 623116 to purchase.
- 2-4-1 Saltus Spa Gift Voucher: treat two people instead of one at the Balmer Lawn's fabulous Saltus Spa! Two for the price of one vouchers for treatments - plus the first 30 who book will receive an ESPA gift worth £40!
- Afternoon Tea Voucher: purchase a voucher for Traditional Afternoon Tea and the Balmer Lawn will upgrade it to a Champagne Afternoon Tea! Look forward to a treat with family or friends.