Autumn Half Term in and around Lymington and the New Forest
There are lots of exciting things happening locally over the October half term week.
Here is a your guide of things to do with the children in and around Lymington and the New Forest. Take a look also at our Fun Days Out feature if you're looking to venture slightly further afield. For those having to juggle work with school holidays, we have information about Holiday Childcare and Activity Camps.
To see what's on day by day, take a look at our What's On section which details events in and around Lymington. Remember, if you're organising a local event then add your event in the Lymington.com calendar for free! (see How to add your event).
There are simply loads of exciting things happening in and around Lymington, the New Forest and surrounding areas this half term! Here is a roundup of things to do with the kids, family days out and of course ideas for childcare for those needing cover whilst they work...
Things to do in and around Lymington
- Lymington Sea Water Baths have a range of 90 minute activity sessions throughout the half term week, including 80m inflatable obstacle course, zorbing, paddle boarding, kayaking, climbing and their new hot tubs! Booking essential: 11am, 12.30pm and 2pm sessions available. Participants must be competent swimmers and aged 7+. Wetsuit hire available.
- Lymington Cinema at The Lymington Centre will be showing Swallows and Amazons on 21, 22, 25, 26 October and Finding Dory on 24, 25, 27, 28 October. Bridget Jones's Baby arrives for the 28, 29 October.
- Why not try a Lymington Town Tour? Courts and Alleyways on Sunday 30 at 11am.
- Lymington Tennis Club has holiday coaching sessions on during half term week - see website for full details.
- Walhampton Golf Course has a Halloween Golf Day on 27 October.
- Fun Time swims at Lymington Health & Leisure. Floats, toys, watering cans, woggles, the pools are packed full of fun. Children under 8yrs must be accompanied in the pool at all times by an adult (18yrs+). Normal pool admission policies apply. Monday & Friday 1.45pm - 2.45pm, Wednesday 10.30am - 11.30am
- 4-7 year olds will adore the Frozen dance workshop at Brockenhurst Village Hall on 22 October, whilst 7-13 year olds can take part in the Thriller Live Workshop.
Fun in the New Forest
- New Forest Walking Festival continues throughout half term - look online to discover the vast range of guided walks planned, from history hikes to wildlife walks and family adventures.
- Check out Awesome Autumn at Bolderwood. All week from 10.30 - 4pm, trails and crafts about autumn wildlife. Free activity, no need to book. Dogs welcome.
- Try a Woodland Adventure Day with New Forest Activities.
- New Forest Centre in Lyndhurst has October Half Term Family Discovery Days from 10am to 4pm, with themed trails, quizzes and craft activities for all the family on Tuesday 25 and Thursday 27 October.
- Wood Fair at the Countryside Education Trust on Wednesday 26 October from 11am to 3pm. Robin Hood themed activities for children, story telling, woodland craft demonstrations, apple pressing, vintage tractors and forestry machinery, guess the weight of the pumpkin, fancy dress competition and much more.
- Big Owls Nature Club is on at the Countryside Education Trust for 4-6 year olds on Friday 28 October.
- At Lepe Country Park, Wildplay Wander, Covert Operations and Lepe in the Dark (a great alternative to Halloween!)
- Need a pumpkin? Pop along and choose your own at Goodall's, who will be open all half term!
- Try out pyrography in Lymington on Saturday 22 October with Graham Turner at a special supervised workshop.
- Have a go at pumpkin lantern carving at the New Forest Centre on 28 and 29 October. £5 per session. Bookable sessions and drop in sessions available.
- There is also a family pumpkin carving day at the Red House Museum in Christchurch. £5 per session.
- Make an elephant to go on display at an Enormous Elephant Art Exhibition. Bring your elephants along to Lyndhurst Community Centre on Friday 28 or Saturday 29 October, judging and prizes will take place on Sunday 30 October at 3pm.
New Forest Activities’ Infected Halloween Battle. As if the games weren't intense enough the two hours are now a fun-fuelled escape from the rabid soldiers of a bad science experiment. Fancy dress welcomed and Halloween treats on arrival. 24, 26, 28 October 18:00. Age 8+ to adult.
- New Forest Activities are holding Spooky Halloween Canoeing Tours this half term. Dress in your spookiest costume and join our canoeing trip at dusk along the Beaulieu River to Bucklers Hard and riverside walk back. With spooky tales along the way and Halloween treats on arrival. 26 and 28 October 6pm – 8pm.
Take a look at our guide to firework displays in Lymington and the New Forest.
Do you know of any other interesting events or activities happening in and around Lymington this half term? Contact us so that we can add to our list!